Fucked Up > The Horrors

So I went to see The Horrors show at Lees with Anthony last wednsday. The best part was this band opening up called "POLARIS PRICKS" which was pretty much clear it was the band FUCKED UP. I bought their album after hearing all the hype, and once I realized they were on the mighty Matador, I figure they must be the real deal. The album is pretty fuckin awesome, but it was seeing them live that really got me hooked. I could tell it was a more laid back show for Fucked Up, but that did not stop Pink Eyes from running through a sea of goth kids, and running along the tables of Lees. Nothing put a smile on my face like seeing a 300 pound hairy half naked dude walk through a group of stuck up Toronto goth kids. Watching the two girls in front of me look away in horror as this dude took his shirt off made me smile like a kid in a candy store. I just witnessed punk rock....and it was good.

The Horrors were ok....but not what I was expecting. They turned out to be more Smiths than Garage Rock. Some tunes were really good, but I found myself looking at my Fucked Up vinyl and wondering when I could go home and listen to it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments