SHUT UP BRAIN!


I sometimes have real problems getting to, and staying asleep. My mind usually races non stop for some reason, where I will think of totally random things, mostly all at the exact same time. Thoughts over lapping one another. No reason what so ever, and totally random.

I was up till 2 or so last night, and thought it would be funny to write down just a couple of the things that went through my head.

-the seat I sat in the theatre when we saw The Faculty back in 98
-how we used to sniff Jello powder back in grade 6 and we thought it was hilarious when we would spit out bright red strawberry goobers
-the GBV strokes David cross poster Nicole bought me back in college
-when is my next oil change
-how wind turbines cause huge annoying shadows on the people that live near them
-that old lady I saw get hit by a car when I was in Croatia back in 94
-why doesn't the cable in my room work
-that cigarette burn I got on my hand during that trail of dead show at call the office
-pavement in NYC
-will the new Simon Pegg movie be good
-why does my ceiling fan make so much more noise when the light is on
-should I make coffee tomorrow or just have orange juice
-the first time I herd Taster by Grandaddy. On my discman at the bus terminal back in high school
-why can't I sleep? It's 1:30am
-why is the bass lacking in our surround sound system
-that time we drank vodka water in a rental van before a Steve Malkmus and The Jicks show in Detroit
-paying bills
-should I sleep on my black pillow and hug the striped one or vice versa?
-how good the cd booklet smelled when I first bought The Sebadoh
-how I should make a list of all the random shit that runs through my head, often overlapping one another, as I try to sleep
-how awesome it is that Clair on Six Feet Under is listening to Built to Spill
-why do I eat genoa salami when it makes me poop at 5am
-how it sucked having pink eye
-how someone stole my Jim Rose Circus Sideshow VHS from James' locker in grade 10
-when will the weather stripping stop making that insanely loud suction cup noise whenever someone opens the door at 5am.
-what was the name of that chemical those tanks shot into the Waco compound
-the poor continuity when it came to the soccer ball they used in the movie Hot Shot
-that guy in Dayton where we discussed how Kevin Drew is kinda pompous now, and how he is the perfect embodiment of everything that is Toronto.
-when am I going to go to the dentist, and will it be the same guy

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. >>the poor continuity when it came to the soccer ball they used in the movie Hot Shot


    ha ha!!
    go jimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously....that's the kinda bullshit that runs through my head. hahhahah. Unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just feel bad you had to qualify it with "the movie" Hot Shot.

    It's like saying "the band" Van Halen.

    Universal legends don't need the help! Haha.

    ReplyDelete