Nostalgia Machine

Autograph by Thrush Hermits Ian Mcgettigan


Man! On the way out the door this morning I had this urge to listen to the Local Rabbits. Probably because Laura was just talking about them. I took the tape of their album YOU CANT TOUCH THIS to my car, and when I opened it I found one of my favorite concert momentos. It was a setlist of bands that played the very first concert I went to. Back in 1995 Tony and Ned bought me a ticket to Edgefest 3, which was nick named MurderFest, due to pretty much everyone on the MURDERecords roster being there. This was also Sloans "Last Show", before breaking up and then releasing One Chord a year later.

Being a kid OBSESSED with all things Murderecords, this was my dream show. Just look at these bands! Super Friendz, Change of Heart, Zumpano, Mystery Machine, Pluto, Hardship Post, Rusty, Jales, Thursh Hermit, Killjoys, Treble Charger, Local Rabbits, Monoxides, Stinkin Rich (aka Buck 65), and of course, Sloan.

I wish I could go back to that day. One of the best days ever. Who could forget Hardship Post still playing a show after their drummer left, and doing a KILLER, super slow/sloppy version of Coax Me. How about Thrush Hermit doing only Steve Miller songs? Or Mark McGrath of Sugar Ray running up to the lawns and opening the gates to bring what seemed like hundreds of people down to the mosh pit.

Man....those were the days.

You Might Also Like

0 comments