The Last American Virgin & Better Off Dead



I started a mini film marathon of 80s sex comedies.  I started with the Cannon Films classic The Last American Virgin, which I had never seen before.  It really was one of the better films of the genre that I have seen.  The ending is something that you just dont see in movies, and it was pretty shocking and awesome.


We then watched Better Off Dead, some John Cusak film from the mid 80s, yet another movie I have never seen or herd of.  This movie was really quite weird, and I think I liked it?  So many out there scenes which made it fun, but nothing was as good as this hamburger that songs Everybody Wants Some while wailing on Eddie Van Halens guitar.  You herd that right.



I have a double header lined up tonight with Three O Clock High (top 10 80s flicks for me), as well as Secret of My Success.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. how old is this blog? if its recent and youve never seen better off dead.. i hope you did enjoy it. Cusack wont talk about it and he hates it and the second one he did with the same director, Savage Steve Holland, he later directed cartoons, which makes sense. Check out the second one. its called one crazy summer. it also has bobcat goldthwaite.

    these arent sex comedies though. far from it, they are teen comedies. Like a john hughes movie. they are family friendly where sex comedies were certainly not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I just caught One Crazy Summer on TV, and its so great!

      Delete