Top 15 Can Rock: #1

THRUSH HERMIT

I mean really this is no shock. Everyone has a band that reminds them of high school, and this is that band for me. Got into em after Tony and Ned bought their Steve Albini produced Great Pacific Ocean cassette after seeing them for 4 bucks at the Volcano. That was in grade 7. My love for them never died down, right till their end. Sweet Homewrecker was the best thing that came out in 97. The same year we saw Local Rabbits, Super Friendz and Thrush Hermit play the Korova Cafe in Kitchener, a venue the size of a garage.

I miss Thrush. I am happy to see that Joel is getting so much attention and recognition, but I gotta be hoenst and say its sad he didnt get it while being in Thrush Hermit. A FAR superior band and musical output.

Long live Thrush.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. WHAAAAT?

    I was fully expecting this link:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyemGXWHkTo

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Helix? From a guy from K-Town?

    Shame on you.

    Yours,
    Puto

    ReplyDelete