Death Waltz Presents: Goblin




This video I did for Death Waltz has finally been released.  You can see it here on their official Facebook page.

I cut together scenes from three Argento films, Tenebre, Deep Red, and Suspiria using Adobe Premiere. I then took it into After Effects to do some effects shots, like the ones highlighted below.  

I took the DW logo and created this record label which was used twice in the video

The two images used to make the record label

The first shot, and you can see here that the DW label has been overlaid on top of the original shot.
Here is what the traced title card looks like with no effects and overlays on it.
I could not find this font online so I took the Suspiria opening credits, and retraced some letters to spell out "Death Waltz"
I tried to match the font and animation style that was used in the Tenebre trailer.



I took this shot from Deep Red, motion tracked it,  and replaced the album cover and record label featured in the film, with the new Goblin album cover and DW label.  
Here is the original shot.

For the album art I found it was a bit too clean and I wanted to age it a little bit for this video.  I found a good image of a worn out copy of The White Album from The Beatles.  This was a white cover with black wear marks, so I inverted that, photoshopped out the word "The Beatles" and used this as an overlay.  The result is above, and nice worn out copy of the new album.

End title card


Here is the final trailer.



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. The state of art is still on fire
    And it's burning straight to the ground
    My head hurts and my body's tired
    Who do I go to see now that they’re not around

    When they split up I swear I did not fuckin' know
    I’ve got the noose 'round my neck on a fuckin' rope

    R-I-P N-A-T-E
    R-I-P N-A-T-E
    R-I-P N-A-T-E
    R-I-P N-A-T-E

    During the day I'm diggin' ditches
    But bad moods makes me hard to get to know
    I got sturdy receiting "Pigeons"
    Well it makes me smile, take me to San Diego

    When they split up I swear I did not fuckin' know
    I've got the noose round my neck on a fuckin' rope

    R-I-P N-A-T-E
    R-I-P N-A-T-E
    R-I-P N-A-T-E
    R-I-P N-A-T-E

    When they split up I swear I did not fuckin' know
    I've got the noose 'round my neck on a fuckin' rope

    R-I-P N-A-T-E
    R-I-P N-A-T-E
    R-I-P N-A-T-E
    R-I-P N-A-T-E

    R-I-P N-A-T-E
    R-I-P N-A-T-E
    R-I-P N-A-T-E
    R-I-P N-A-T-E

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! What fonts did you use for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ivan, thanks!

      I assume you are referring to the "Death Waltz Presenta" font? If so I took actual screen shots from the opening credits, and cut out the letters needed to spell out Death Waltz. I arranged those in photoshop, and then I traced them out in white. I looked everywhere for a font but could not find it, so the pen tool was my only option.

      Delete