JBTV Holiday Specials


Its early I know, but this shit takes time.  I have started working on two VHS mixed tapes for this years Halloween and Christmas.  For the Christmas one, I took everything I made for last years tape, and redid a lot of it.  I am taking out Silent Night Deadly Night 2, as it didn't dub well, and 5 movies was a bit much.  I also found more commercials, and was able to clean up the previous ones a little bit more, sound wise anyway.

I loved working on this project so much that I decided to make a similar tape for Halloween.  This time it will be made to look like a late night marathon on Canadian TV circa '85.  I already have a collection of televised Halloween videos on the go, and I am constantly looking for more.  I am still trying to think of which 4 Halloween themed films should be in this mix, but right now I am thinking Halloween 3, Trick or Treat, and Night of the Demons.  Obviously I am thinking that the original Halloween should be in this mix, but it always is.  I cant imagine a Halloween themed video without it, but at the same time its always used.  I was looking into maybe The Midnight Hour as well, which was a made for TV halloween movie that I have never seen.  We will see.

These videos are clearly influenced by the amazing WNUF Halloween Special from last year, and as an homage, I am making my video look like it was taped off of the TV on the same night that the fictional Halloween Special aired on WNUF.  So while the channels are changing through all of these halloween videos I have found, once in a while the channel will change to WNUF to see whats going on on their special.  Just some early ideas, but I am sure a lot of it will change.

A TV commercial I made for the film trailers that are televised on JBTV

Early mock up of a JBTV Halloween Special bumper

You Might Also Like

0 comments