Pittsburgh Weekend: Friday

So we took off bright and early Friday morning and set sail for the Americas. The ride there was pretty fun, no traffic, and the sun was shining. Hit up the duty free where I got 24 tallboys of Bud, for 24 bucks. I wish the Duty Free needed a roomate, cuz I would move right in.

Had a couple Road Rockets on the ride down, which meant that my bladder filled up in a hurry and a couple piss breaks were needed. One of which was a photo finish to the bathroom.

Once we got to Pittsburgh I realized its one of the most beautiful places I have seen. Water and trees as far as you can see. I was reminded of when I was in Croatia, and all you saw was old houses on huge hill, covered in trees. It was a sight to be seen. Gary and Jess' house is so fuckin nice. Felt like we were in cottage country...no one really around.

After some more drinks, we set out to the Pirates game. We pull into the parking lot, and I see people hanging out and drinking. I mutter something like "fuck....we shoulda brought beer" which Ned claims was the line of the weekend, because little did I know we were gonna tailgate. Gary busted out the worlds coolest BBQ, and chicken, and a cooler of beer. We cranked GBV in the parking lot, and got right jackt.


After the game, we went back to finish off whatever drinks were left in the cooler, and went to what I could only describe as the BEST BAR I EVER BEEN TOO.

I totally forget the name of the bar, but I do know it started with a "G" because the running joke all weekend was listing off different names that start with G. Lets go to Gringos! Lets go to Ghepettos! Lets go to Goose Goose, etc. We get to this bar and there is a 2 buck cover charge. Turns out in the back room is some band that is about to play. We look at them, and they look like a creed type band, only more muscles. While they are tuning up, we go to the jukebox which was stacked with incredible tunes. Even GBV and PAVEMENT!! We pick about 20 + tunes and prepare to rock. While I was picking songs, the previous persons songs were playing. With my hand on the jukebox, doing the usual song selection lean, a Thin Lizzy song comes on. 4 notes in the juke box got turned up LOUD. I look around jaw on the floor thinking the rock gods came down from heaven and gave me a treat. Turns out it was the bar tender Tim who gave me a knowing nod.

We proceed to drink, and as soon as my first song starts, Television i believe it was, Tim turns off the jukebox so the worst band alive can play. He said dont worry, that itll continue as soon as this shitty band is done. Yes. The bartender told us how shitty this band is going to be.

The band starts and its pretty hilarious how bad they were. I go in the back room to see if anyone is watching them. I count 3 people. Its then I realized Ned was one of them. I laughed a little, and went back in the other room to drink. Like 20 minutes into their set, I am at the bar drinking with everyone, and the lead singer comes up to buy a drink. I am like "dude arent you in the band?" I turn my head and the band is still playing, and the guitarist is doing the worlds worst solo. Did I mention they did a Pink Floyd cover? God it was bad.

After their set our tunes come on and thats when the fun really began. The 8 or so of us started rocking out like crazy. Once Joy Division came on we all did the Ian Curtis Spaz dance. It was pretty funny. People at this bar were beyond friendly. Buncha GBV songs came on, and this girl came over all jackt and talked to us how she loves GBV. This was my kinda bar!!

Anyway, eventually we leave, and go back to the house. Ned and Michelle went to bed, while Gary and I stayed out on the front porch and cranked Built to Spill's "Keep it like a Secret" at maximum volume. Jess made us pizza.

So there we are, 3 or 4am, front porch, eating pizza, and drinking beer, and singing Built To Spill at the top of our lungs. This is going to be a good weekend.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Dude...that last pic of me, Ned, Jess, and Michelle...album cover.

    Ooooooooooooooooooo, TIM!

    Gooski's RAWKS!

    ReplyDelete