Mogwai Hoodie Fiasco

photo by Ned

Ned and I went to see the mighty Mogwai at the Phoenix a couple of months ago. As expected we hit the merch table/room. There was hardly anyone in there at the time so the line up was pretty much Ned and Me with a couple of stragglers. I bought a Young Team logo shirt while Ned got the h0odie. I hardly ever buy hoodies because they never really fit too well, so I did not feel like adding another hoodie I would never wear, no matter how awesome it is. I ask Ned to try it on and Ill be god damned if it wasnt the best fitting hoodie I ever tried. At time time one other guy went into the line, and I instantly lined up to get the hoodie. I see the dude in front of me trying one on and buys it. Good for him. I go up and ask for a large hoodie and she tells me that guy just took the last one. Fucking prick.

I did the walk of shame from the merch room, deflated, much like this video.


It was not until weeks and weeks later that merchlacky.com finally updated the Mogwai page and started to sell the same hoodie online. I spent almost 2 grand that week on car and computer payments so I did not buy it right away. I wanted to give it a day to make sure I would not have buyers guilt. That very night I looked at the site again and told myself "next week they will be sold out...I know it" so I bit the bullet and bought it. As soon as my payment for a large hoodie went through I went back to the site just to check. I hit the drop down menu for the hoodie sizes and Large was no longer an option. I GOT THE LAST ONE! FK YA!

The UPS was a whole other headache. The tracker told me the package would be at my house on Friday. I left for work that day at about 9:15. Once I got to work I checked my tracking number and see that they came to my door at 9:30, but could not leave it because of a COD charge.

Once I got home after work I see a note saying to leave a cheque for 25 bucks on the door for Monday. I was sad just because the weekend called for really cool/cold weather, and I had an outdoor party to attend Saturday. At around 630 I took off for about 20 minutes to pick up some things from my parents house. Once I got home there was a sheet in the door. THE UPS GUY HAD COME AGAIN!! Just my luck.

It was not until Monday, in the evening, when the package finally came. Thankfully it is 38 degrees today.


You Might Also Like

1 comments