Foo Fighters in Buffalo

We hit up Buffalo this past Sunday to check out the mighty Foo Fighters yet again. I ended up driving because I had to make it to work the next morning as I am out of holidays, and I don't want to be a prick and fake a sickness. Chad decided to tag along so I would not have to go solo. We did a convoy with Trevor's car, with Tony as the passenger. After a slight detour (Trev missed the cut off to Guelph) we hit up the border where we hit a slight snag. It was an hour, so it could have been worse. Once over it was party time. Got to the hotel and parked the Clown Car.

It was 1pm at this time and we were in downtown Buffalo. I could not see a soul, nor see any cars. It was a total ghost town. The only noise I herd was leaves blowing. It was really fucking spooky.

Turns out Buffalo Bills were playing and people run inside like its the eclipse.

We hit up a bar called Bada Bing that had probably the greatest pizza ever made. We drank 10 buck buckets for a couple of hours til this game finished. I think they won, I cant remember/care.

We then made our way to the famous Anchor Bar where the party really started. I threw in 20 bucks into the jukebox to crank some Foo, and a couple Malkmus tunes. We ate the best wings ever and drank lots of good pops. Guinness? Really? Wicked!

The show was fucking awesome. Trevor got cut off so I gave him one of my beers, which triggered the fastest act of Karma I have ever seen. Faith No Mores Ashes to Ashes started and Tony and I sang along. Then the girl behind me lost her phone and could not find it. I managed to get down and find it with my hand, and she in turn bought me a beer. Fuck yeah! Everyone is a winner.

The show was bad ass as usual. Just a big party. At one point however I look at the video screen and swear I saw Krist Novoselic (of Sweet 75 fame). I do a double take, but they cut somewhere else. I tell Tony what I think I saw and he does not believe me....until they cut back to a tall bearded bald dude playing an accordion. I think this is where my vocal chord ruptured.

After the song was finished, Dave introduced Krist, said he loved him, and 'Happy Annaversary." It was pretty awesome. Tony and I didn't even really cheer, cuz it was almost too surreal. We just stood there in awe.

After the last song, Faith No More's "Evidence" kicked in, just as it did in Toronto. I LOVE YOU SOUND MAN!!

Hit up another bar post show and I started chugging water, knowing in a couple of hours I would have to drive back home. Passed out on the hotel floor (I am having insane back pains), and I wake up at 6:30am with Chad and we take off. I was home by 9. I shower, and was at work by 9:38.





You Might Also Like

0 comments