Coshirts: At The Drive-In

OBTAINED: Circa 2000, Toronto, Kathedral (I think...)
STORY: Back in OAC, my final year of high school, Ned asked me if I wanted to go with him and Michelle to check out this band called At The Drive In. They were supposed to be the "next Nirvana" which if you read NME at the time was a different band every week. The show was Murder City Devils, The (International) Noise Conspiracy, and ATH-I. The show fucking blew me away, obviously. It was also fun to see what the guy from Refused was up to. A side note, I wore my Weezer shirt to this show who at the time had reached cult status with the whole "are they even around anymore" thing. Of course this was after Pinkerton (fucking amazing) and before Green Album (fucking horrible). I told Ned that whenever I wear this shirt people always come up and say "awesome shirt man", the best being when Danko Jones himself told me that at his show in Guelph's Trashiteria. Ned didnt really believe me until roughly 10 people in line said "woah hey man I love your shirt."
WEAR: Again, this is from the Gilden era. Way too awkward to wear. Sits in my closet.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I should point out that this show was on a short list of life changers. After this show I became obsessed with ATDI, and Relationship became a top 10 album of all time for me. Even to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you say that?! Put it on right now! JILTED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm turning it into a racing bib and keeping it for myself

    ReplyDelete