Grrrindhahs!


Gary came up this weekend so as usual he brought a basket full of stuff that I had shipped to his house.  For those who don't know, some of the things that I order that cost 3 bucks to send to Gary, can cost up to 25 bucks to ship to Canada.  Its pretty annoying, but we see Gary every other month it seems so its worth the wait to save a couple hundred bucks on shipping charges.

I ordered a couple of tapes that were very cheap on Amazon, with American shipping of course.  Mondo has released the soundtrack and a new VHS copy of Blue Sunshine.  I have always been meaning to check out this movie, but I refuse to get sucked into the Mondo Cult.  I like their releases and all, but I am really not a fan their sales tactics (very limited pressings, random).  Its genius, because people will buy absolutely anything they put out, but I have a moral issue with the way they do their business.  That being said I bought an old VHS copy of Blue Sunshine for like 3 bucks, which is a far better price than the Mondo version that is selling on eBay right now ($111!!!).  I also got a copy of Recruits.  A pretty horrible Canadian rip off of Police Academy.  I wanted to own it for a while to complete my Thor (Rock N Roll Nightmare, Zombie Nightmare) movie collection.



Gary also brought me this incredible poster from this years Grrrindhahs in Pittsburgh.  Every year this theatre puts on a whole day exploitation movie marathon.  I really need to make it down to one of these shows some day.


Also from the same show, Gary picked up a soundtrack CD that the curators released at the theatre.  There are some really awesome soundtrack songs on this so I am pretty stoked about it.


I also made my own iTunes cover based on the screen printed poster above.




You Might Also Like

0 comments