Death Waltz - Record Store Day Video


Its Record Store Day again, and the fine folks at Death Waltz asked if I could whip up another video for them to push their releases.  Here it is.


Death Waltz - Record Store Day 2014 from THE LAST JOHNY ON THE LEFT on Vimeo.

While I really like how this video turned out, my eyes cant help but see the problems with it.  Mostly the somewhat shitty quality of the source videos.  I lucked out with the Goblin video I did for Death Waltz as I happened to find HD versions of each of the films.  For this however, I was forced to use the usual divx files that you would normally find.  I managed to make it work I think, but I had to fake the grain more than usual which I guess only helps with the look of old film.  I have found that more grain tends to cover up any pixelation in the video.

As a side note, I have never seen this Emmanuelle film before, and it is probably one of the most fucked up things I have ever seen.




All of these movie titles were taken from international poster art from each film.





I animated the record spinning, as well as altering it so it looks like a Death Waltz album.
The last 4 frames of the video with a Death Waltz logo put in.
Below are some screens showing the progress of the opening logo.

This is a still from the opening credits of Emmanuelle.  I love the way it looks so I used it for this video.
The Photoshop screen of the graphic I made.
I played around with different opening shots before settling on the shot of New York that is in the final video.


As always I used some poster art from one of my favourite sites on the internet, WRONG SIDE OF THE ART.  I wanted to use the foreign movie titles for this video and this site has an incredible collection of high res movie poster art.  Pretty much everything you could imagine is in there.  The good stuff anyway.



Be sure to check out my Death Waltz Recording Co. Vimeo channel!  




You Might Also Like

0 comments