R.I.P. Sparklehorse


Mark killed himself this past weekend. Not jackt. Here is a playlist in his honour.




Radiohead's Colin Greenwood has paid tribute to Spaklehorse's Mark Linkous, who commited suicide on Saturday (March 6).

The Oxford band had Sparklehorse as their tour support in 1996, while in 1998 the two acts recorded a cover of Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here' together (hear it below).

Writing on Radiohead.com, guitarist Greenwood highlighted the importance of Linkous' music.

"I was very sad to hear the news that Mark Linkous has died. He and his band toured with us in Europe, at the start of 'OK Computer', and they were great every night," he recalled.

"His first two records were very important to me, and I carried his music from the tour into my life, and my friends' lives too. He was softly spoken, with an old south courtesy I hadn’t heard before: he introduced me to Daniel Johnston's music, and the West Virginian writing of Pinckney Benedict. Mark wrote and played some beautiful music, and we're lucky to have it. Rest in peace."

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The horse and the rabbit head will be missed.

    Here they are doing a little song called Smothered In Hugs...second item down:

    http://www.chromewaves.net/

    ReplyDelete