JFC


Last night I made some oven fried chicken, only because I found a posting online of the 10 herbs and spices used in the famous KFC seasoning.  I thought I would give it a shot and it tasted pretty good.

I found this on a YouTube video I believe.  My apologies for not giving credit to the original poster.

11 herbs and spices as follows:
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Teaspoon black pepper
1 Teaspoon onion powder
1 Teaspoon garlic powder
1 Teaspoon paprika
1/2 Teaspoon dry thyme
1/2 Teaspoon dry oregano
1/2 Teaspoon dry rosemary
1/2 Teaspoon dry majoram
1/2 Teaspoon dry sage

1/2 Teaspoon dry basil


Garlic mash is my favourite kind of mash.  Roast a whole head of garlic for an hour or so, throw into your potatoes with some parm and milk.  Oh fuck yeah.

 



That awesome site 101Cooking For Two taught me to oven fry chicken.  Just some butter in a pan, and 20 minutes per side.  This tastes really good actually, and I don't have to worry about a giant pot of oil.






It was pretty not bad.  Word of the wise though!  If you cook inside the stove with your pan, please make sure you REMEMBER that it was in there for an hour before you grab it by the handle.  Otherwise your hand will fucking hurt for the next 24 hours or so.  Ask me how I know....

You Might Also Like

1 comments