Come On Spend Your Money


This is the Mogwai album that I was obsessed with in Grade 12.  I listened to it on my Discman for months on end.  Huge album for me.  I ended up losing that very CD, but that was ok because I bought it again.

I never owned it on vinyl, as it has been out of print and I did not feel like spending an insane amount of money on the eBays or the Discogs to own a copy.  Besides, these days, everything gets reissued.  I once spent over 60 bucks on a copy of Sebadoh's Bakesale, only to read about a reissue days later.  This has happened more times than I wish to admit to.

So the day has finally come where Mogwai's CODY is finally being reissued.  I was so happy to be able to own this album AGAIN.  Now here is my issue.  Delux packages.  I don't need a 4LP version of your album.  Just give me a nice remastered version of the original album, and at a reasonable price.  Instead we get this.



Incase you missed it, that is 55 pounds, which converts to about $101 in Canadian funds (before shipping).  I absolutely refused to spend this kind of money on an album I have already bought twice.

I am getting really sick of this whole reissue trend, and the insane price that these bands/labels put on them.  I just recently bought a new reissue of Mr Bungle's California album, and it pisses me off.  Granted the previous release of California sounds like pure shit, so I felt justified, but I think that is the last time I will ever double dip.  I feel this whole vinyl resurgence is really just another chance for record labels and bands to fleece their fans for more money.  I mean, I bought King for a Day, Fool For A Lifetime for 10 bucks on double vinyl back in 96.  Today you can buy the reissue for around 45 bucks.  Give me a break.

I am tired of spending all this money on albums I love.  Thankfully I still find CDs to be "cool" and as much as I love vinyl, I love the low low price of my compact discs.

Bands and labels, don't forget why people stopped buying CDs and started downloading music - over pricing.

If I decide to buy this reissue it will be on CD.  Go fuck yourself Mogwai.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. MAY NOTHING BUT HAPPINESS COME THROUGH YOUR DOOR.

    ReplyDelete